Teacher Approved Math Videos for Kindergarten
As kindergarten teachers we strongly believe hands on math activities are best when it comes to learning mathematical concepts. However, math videos for kindergarten are a fun and engaging way to quickly introduce and reinforce math skills. To save you time and effort, we have created a great list of math videos for preschoolers and kindergartners. Each video in this blog has been watched from beginning to end and is teacher approved. We have included the following math topics: Counting 1-10; Counting 1-100; Teen Numbers; Skip Counting; 2D Shapes; 3D Shapes; Addition; Subtraction; Greater Than/Less Than. If you are looking for alphabet or other teacher approved learning videos for kindergarten, read our blog, Teacher Approved Kindergarten Learning Videos.
Fun Math Videos for Kindergarten on YouTube
- Count to 10 With Our Friends by Jack Hartmann (2:18): Get your kids up and moving like a soldier, an opera singer, a monster, a cowboy, and a baby while practicing counting to 10.
- I Can Count To 10 by Jack Hartmann (3:02): Reinforce one to one correspondence by counting 10 objects with this video.
- Let’s learn our numbers 0-10 by Jack Hartmann (7:56): This is a little long, but if you have 7 minutes to spare, it is great. The video models how to write the numbers 0-10 using adorable rhymes.
- Let’s Get Fit Count to 100 by Jack Hartmann (2:40): If you love moving and counting, here’s the perfect video! Your kids will do 10 sets of 10 different movements while counting to 100. It is also a great video for the 100th day of School.
- Macarena Count to 100 by Dr. Jean (2:17): Who doesn’t love Dr. Jean? In this video, your kids will dance the Macarena with Dr. Jean all the way to 100.
- I Can Count to 100 by Harry Kindergarten (2:49): This is a fun and catchy song your students will be singing all day.
- Numbers Help Me Count to 100! by Harry Kindergarten (2:40): In this video, students will count cookies in ten frames to 100.
- The Big Numbers Song (3:14): This song is simple, but it shows the numbers and the number words to 100.
- Counting to 100 Song by Nursery Tracks (5:23): This video is a little longer, but it is a very cute way to practice counting and naming numbers to 100.
- Numbers in the Teens (They Start with a 1) by Harry Kindergarten (1:28): Teen numbers are tricky. This video helps kids identify teen numbers as numbers that start with a 1.
- Numbers in the Teens (Have a Group of 10) by Harry Kindergarten (2:29): This video focuses on place value with the teen numbers.
- The Counting by Fives Song by Scratch Garden (2:39): Rocket into outer space and practice counting to 100 by 5s.
- Climbing Up This Mountain (Counting by 10s) (2:31): This fun video has kids “climbing” a mountain while counting by 10s to 100.
- Counting to 100 by 10s by 123ABCtv Fun Surf Theme (1:40): Watch and count as the numbers surf to 100 by 10s.
- Count by 10 Song by Have Fun Teaching (2:41): The numbers are nice and big for kids to see as they count by 10s to 100.
- Shapes Song by the Kiboomers (4:55): Introduce or review the 4 basic shapes and view real objects with these shapes.
- Shapes Song by The Singing Walrus (3:47): A fun shape song that has kids naming the 4 basic shapes and drawing them in the air.
- Name the Shape Game by Jack Hartmann (3:49): A fun way to review the 4 basic shapes plus a hexagon, rhombus, and oval.
- Shapes, Sides and Vertices by Jack Hartmann (3:36): If you’re looking to teach more than just the name of the shapes, this video counts the sides and vertices of 2D shapes.
- 3D Shapes I Know (including sphere, cylinder, cube, cone, and a pyramid) by Harry Kindergarten (3:02): Great introduction or review with examples of 3D shapes.
- Shawna’s 3D Shapes by ABC Mouse (2:27): Shapes include sphere, cone, cylinder, cube, pyramid and rectangular prism.
- 3D Shapes Song by Singing Walrus (3:31): A name and repeat song that reviews cube, cone, sphere and cylinder.
- 3D Shapes Song for Kids by Numberock (2:04): This video has some difficult vocabulary such as congruent, parallel, base, faces… But, if you are looking to give your kids a deeper understanding of 3D shapes, this is the video for you.
- 2D vs 3D Shapes! Mr. B’s Brain (5:19): This is a bit longer, but it provides a great explanation of the difference between 2D and 3D Shapes.
- When You Add Like A Pirate by Harry Kindergarten (4:00): Add gold coins, pirate boats, anchors and more with this fun addition song.
- Ad ‘em Up by Harry Kindergarten (3:19): Have your kids use their fingers as this song adds +1 up to 10, on a ten frame.
- When you Subtract With a Pirate (4:30): This is one of the best subtraction videos! Our kids would cheer when we played this video. It is very catchy and a great review of subtraction stories.
- Sesame Street: Abby and Cookie Monster Subtract (Eat) Cookies (2:56): Help kids understand the concept of subtraction with this cute Sesame Street video.
- Subtraction Song for Kids by Kids Learning Tube (3:48): This song reviews the subtraction and equal symbols.
- Practice Our Subtraction Facts for 1 by Jack Hartmann (4:16): Practice subtracting 1 using ten frames and number sentences.
Greater Than Less Than
- Greater Than Less Than by Silly School Songs (2:45): This is a great introduction to the greater than, less than and equal to symbols.
- Mr. Alligator Can Chomp- Greater Than Less Than by Jack Hartmann (3:29): Review greater than, less than concepts with this cute video.
- Less than Greater than Song with the Very Hungry Alligator by Mr. R’s Songs for Teaching (4:19): Another cute way to reinforce greater than, less than.